- 1.5 tsp of baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. + 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 cup of almond or hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 large eggs or 2 flax eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
*2 flax eggs = 2 heaping tbsp. flax meal with 5 tbsp. hot water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by either oiling the dish or lining with parchment paper. (we are big fans of the parchment paper for easy removal from pan and easy clean up.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and flours. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil or butter, eggs or flax eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup/honey and vanilla until very well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the center and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf